Ulster County County Area Transit (UCAT)
Ulster County Area Transit (UCAT) offers safe, affordable, reliable
public transportation service thorughout Ulster County, with limited
service to Orange County and connecting service to Dutchess County. All buses are equipped with bicycle racks.
To use this service, do the following:
* Applications are available from the Office For the Aging at 845-340-3456.
- Appointments must be made the day before or at least one week in advance.
- Confirm your ride the morning of service.
- If you are 60 or older and you are registered* with the Office
For the Aging, you may have one round trip service per week on the
Ulster County Area Transit System where you may give a voluntary
contribution in lieu of the normal fare. Any other tips during the
same week must be paid at the normal fare. (Drivers will provide
envelopes for contributions.)
- Anyone under the age of 60 will pay the normal fare.
- The dirver will help you with packages on and off the bus and curb when asked, but can not bring them onto any private property.
- The pick-up times are approximate and may very depending on how many riders are going on that specific trip.
To make a UCAT reservation call 845-334-8120.
Click here to find out more about UCAT.